We may provide different or additional information about our privacy practices to residents of certain countries, regions or states. Please refer to the below region-specific privacy information if it applies to you:
- If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or the United Kingdom, please see our Data Protection Privacy Notice.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you in various ways. For example, you may provide information directly to us, we may receive your information from someone else, or we may collect certain information about you automatically through your use of our Websites. Some of the information you provide to us or that we collect is “personal information.” The personal information that you provide and that we collect or receive from you depends on the context of your interaction with us and our Websites, the choices you make when you use our Websites, and the products and features that you use.
Information You Provide To Us
When you interact with us through our Websites, you may provide information directly to us. For example, you may provide information to us when you:
- Register for an event or webinar or office visit. You may provide us with your name, business contact details, employment-related information, travel details, dietary preferences and other information.
- Subscribe to our mailing lists, client alerts or newsletters. You may provide us with your name and business contact details and other employment-related information.
- Register for and use our subscription services. You may provide us with your account credentials, such as a user ID and password.
- Participate in a survey. You may provide us with your name, employment related information, and your feedback regarding webinars, seminars and other events that we host or sponsor.
- Participate in our alumni network. You may provide us with your name, contact details and other employment-related information.
- Fill out questionnaires and assessments on our Website. You may provide us with your name and business contact details and other employment-related information, as well as information about your company, in relation to such questionnaires and assessments.
- Submit an enquiry or communicate with us via our Website.
Information We Obtain from Other Sources
Your employer or other person or entity with which you are affiliated may provide us with certain information about you. For example, your company may provide us with your name and business contact details in connection with events and webinars that we host. In addition, your company may provide us with such information when authorizing you to use our subscription-based services.
We may also collect information about you via social media, as described in Social Media and Other Platforms below.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you use our Websites, we may automatically collect certain information about you. Automatically collected information may, for example, include the following:
- Your IP address or mobile device identifier.
- The type of browser and operating system you are using.
- The domain name of your Internet service provider.
- Information regarding your downloads on and use of our Websites and subscription services.
- Information regarding when you access and how you use our Websites. This includes information regarding the duration of your engagement with certain aspects of the Websites.
This information may be combined and linked with information from other sources.
How We Use Information
- To present our Websites and its contents to you and to operate our Websites.
- To deliver the information or services you have requested from us.
- To reach out to you about new information or services to you that we believe you may be interested in, including to market to you.
- To communicate with you, including to notify you about changes to our Websites.
- To help us improve our Websites and deliver a better and more personalized experience. This includes by enabling us to estimate and analyze our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, speed up your searches and recognize you when you visit our Websites.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into with you. This includes for billing and collection, and as we believe is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety or property of the Websites, its employees or agents, or other users or to comply with applicable law.
- For legal and compliance purposes.
- To help us develop new products and services.
- For our legitimate interests and in any other way we may describe when you provide the information, or otherwise at your direction or with your consent.
- As permitted by law or as we may notify you.
How We Share Information
- With our affiliates.
- With our service providers, business partners and vendors. These third parties may include companies that host our Websites, provide web analytics, data processing, advertising, email distribution, payment processing and other services. These third parties may use your information as is necessary or appropriate for the performance of the services they provide to us, or as otherwise contractually permitted.
- When you request any of our products or services. We will share your information to the extent necessary to fulfill your request.
- When required to do so by law. For example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency’s request.
Online Tracking and Cookies
Social Media and Other Platforms
You may be able to access social media networks like Facebook or LinkedIn (“Social Media Platforms”) directly or indirectly through our Websites. You may also have the option of posting your activities on Social Media Platforms, tagging us or posting content to pages we maintain on Social Media Platforms. As a result, we may collect information from or about you via Social Media Platforms. If you choose to make any of your activities or other content available through a Social Media Platform, including on our pages, or you engage in other activities in connection with a Social Media Platform, your friends and followers on those Social Media Platform that you have enabled, and potentially the general public, will be able to view those contributions and activities. Please remember that the manner in which Social Media Platforms use, store, and disclose your information is governed by the policies of such third parties. Dechert is not responsible for the privacy practices or other actions of any Social Media Platforms that may be enabled via our Websites.
Links to Third Party Websites
Our Websites may contain links to third party sites and services whose privacy practices may be different than ours. We also allow you to connect with other third-party sites and services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third-party sites and services and you should consult the other third-party sites’ and services’ privacy notices in order to better understand their privacy practices.
Our Website is not intended for users under the age of 16, and Dechert does not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 16. No one under the age of 16 is permitted to use this Website or provide Dechert with personal information.
Any information we obtain about you in connection with your use of our Website may be processed and stored in the United States or other countries.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
How to Contact Us